Who we are
This website is operated by Lyminge Historical Society. Lyminge Historical Society collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are regulated under the General Data protection Regulations which apply across the European Union (including the United Kingdom) and we are responsible as controller of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We use the personal data you provide such as name, address, email address and preferences to facilitate transactional data, purchase information and technical data to operate the functions of this website. The website does not collect personal data from visitors, only those who leave comments or make purchases.
When visitors leave comments on the site, we collect the data shown in the comments form, and the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. This information is not shared by us.
Currently there are no contact forms used on the site.
- Checking if browser will accept cookies,
- Checking if you have already agreed to accept cookies
- Cookies associated with our shopping system
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g., videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We do not currently use any analytical packages.
Who we share your data with
We may share your information with:
- Law enforcement agencies
- Our Payment system
We will not share your personal information with any other 3rd parties
How long we retain your data
We hold your data as long as needed to comply with tax requirements.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
- email, or write to us
- let us have enough information to identify you
- let us have proof of your identity (a copy of your driving license, passport or a recent credit card/utility bill)
- let us know the information to which your request relates
What we share with others
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We share information with third parties who help us provide our orders and store services to you. We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
If you have any questions about this policy or the information we hold about you, please contact us:
Lyminge Historical Society
21, Silverlands Road
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can, for instance, estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
- Send you information about your and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Comply with any legal obligations we have.
Who has access
Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
Our team members have access to this information to help fulfil orders, process refunds, and support you.